Our funding strategy
“Reaching Communities” and have secured funding for 5 years which will meet about half of our annual running costs.
With the money raised by Ashburton Cookery School, over £10,000 in the first year, and donations from the other organisations listed, the future of BYP now looks a lot more secure.
- Money that has been donated has enabled us to return to 4 nights opening, upgrade our computer suite, improve our heating system and hot water supply.
- We shall be updating our website and developing the youth work curriculum to include more Outdoor Pursuits.
- We are able to rent out BYP premises for use by other groups when it is not being used for our activities.
- We are still hoping to recruit more volunteer helpers
- We shall continue to explore other ways of generating additional income.
- If you have any ideas or suggestions to make about our funding strategy or would like to offer some practical help we would be very pleased to hear from you.
How is BYP financed?
As a registered charity, BYP relies for all its funding upon donations and grants from individuals and from local, regional and national funding bodies.
What do we need funding for?
The building, the programme and the staff. We own the building and have to maintain it and pay the running costs. The centre needs furniture and equipment to be able to run an activity-based programme for young people. We also need finance to organise trips and outdoor activities and we need to pay our part time staff.
If your interested in making a donation please check out the donations link in the main menu above.