“Reaching Communities” and have secured funding for 5 years which will meet about half of our annual running costs. That sadly has now come to an end.
“Sadly, the BYP’s Big Lottery Funding ran out at the end of last year, after 5 years of generous support. We have applied for continuation funding but have not been immediately successful, although we still have hopes.
Regrettably, this means that, while we are looking for another substantial source of funding, we have for most of this year had to dip into our reserves in order to stay open for four nights a week.
Sadly it has now reached the point where we must seriously consider cutting back, initially to three nights a week. Indeed, it is not being alarmist to say that, if a substantial new source of funding cannot be found, the very existence of the BYP may be in doubt. So … if anyone out there knows of someone with £50,000 a year to spare, to continue the vital work of BYP for the young people of Ashburton, please get in touch!”
- Money that has been donated has enabled us upgrade our computer suite, improve our heating system and hot water supply.
- We shall be updating our website and developing the youth work curriculum to include more Outdoor Pursuits.
- We are able to rent out BYP premises for use by other groups when it is not being used for our activities.
- We are still hoping to recruit more volunteer helpers
- We shall continue to explore other ways of generating additional income.
- If you have any ideas or suggestions to make about our funding strategy or would like to offer some practical help we would be very pleased to hear from you.
How is BYP financed?
As a registered charity, BYP relies for all its funding upon donations and grants from individuals and from local, regional and national funding bodies.
What do we need funding for?
The building, the programme and the staff. We own the building and have to maintain it and pay the running costs. The centre needs furniture and equipment to be able to run an activity-based programme for young people. We also need finance to organise trips and outdoor activities and we need to pay our part time staff.
If your interested in making a donation please check out the donations link in the main menu above.