Be rest assured that your child is in good hands
The aim of BYP’s Child Protection Policy is to promote good practice by:
- Ensuring that the welfare of children and young people is paramount
- Providing children and young people with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of BYP
- Enabling all children and young people, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity to have the right to protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers in promoting the welfare of the children and young people.
- To Provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Sharing information about child protection and good pratice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about concerns with all agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- Reviewing our policy and practice annually.
Allowing all staff / volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues base on the most up to date training and support.